An SEO strategy should be used to make it easy for potential clients and caregivers to find you. Your website is the most important asset of your home care agency’s search engine optimization journey. This is where you want everyone to go.
There are many ways to increase the SEO of your home care website. Here are seven.
7 ways to improve your website’s SEO
1. Your site should cover the basics
First, ensure your website includes all necessary pages. These pages are:
- About us: This page provides information about your company. It is a summary of all the important information that people need about your homecare agency. It will include information such as the date it was established and who founded it, the philosophy behind your care and a description of the services that you offer and the geographical areas you serve.
- Contact: Provide a contact method for potential clients and caregivers looking for work.
- Your office and areas in which you provide home care services should be included.
- Services: While your “about us” page should mention your services, it is important to go more in depth. Include information about the certifications and training your caregivers have.
- Staff and leadership: Who is working at your agency? Clients and caregivers are interested in knowing who is behind the company.
- Client testimonials/reviews: Include a few kind words from your clients and their families.
- Careers: Create a page that includes information about your company and your job so you can hire caregivers for your home care team. This page should include information about your company, such as open jobs, company benefits or application tips, information on training opportunities, information about how to train, and information about care philosophy.
2. It’s worth mentioning in the footer and navigation of your site.
Your site navigation should include the most important pages (see number 1), which is the main menu on every page of your site.
Anything that doesn’t fit in the top bar or is not essential should be placed in the footer. You could include information about your company, office locations, news, and so forth.
This is why it matters. Google considers the navigation menu and footer to be the most important pages on your website. These links make it easier for Google crawl your site and index it faster.
3. Mobile-responsive design is key
Your website must be easy to navigate on tablets and smartphones.
Google is mobile-first. This means it uses your mobile website to crawl, index and rank your site’s content.
According to Google Think, 75% of users prefer mobile-friendly sites, while 67% of mobile users believe they are more likely to purchase products and services from a mobile-friendly website.
4. Speed up your website
Site speed refers to how fast a user can see and interact on the pages of your website.
Google also considers site speed when ranking pages for your site. Users are more likely to bounce if a website is slow loading, which can impact your rankings.
Are you unsure where to begin? Google has some great tips to speed up your site.
5. Check that each page contains the most current and complete metadata
Metadata refers to information about your website, hence the name “meta.” It includes page titles, descriptions and summaries, as well as images.
Metadata informs Google and sometimes users about the content of your home-care website. While visitors to your site will not see the metadata as they read the pages, they will see some metadata in a SERP. Google uses this information to rank pages.
Metadata should be concise and specific and should include keywords that you wish to rank for. Be careful not to keyword stuff.
6. Create a strong internal link strategy
It’s more than the site navigation and footer. Internal linking involves much more. Your site should have links to your content on all pages, including the “about” page and the “services page.
7. Find your keywords
Home care agencies should be aware of the keywords they want to rank for. You might rank for home care services monterey, california. It’s worth creating a page with this title if it’s a key keyword for you. This page will contain information about the types of home care services you offer to the Monterey region. A page should be created if you are targeting senior home care services.
Your website, your navigation bar, your footer and your blog all should include strategic and careful use of your target keywords in order to maximize your website’s chances of ranking.